RP18D Direct drive etching press &
Geared etching press
Click on the image and move your cursor to view in detail.
“Thank you for your prompt and courteous service in organising this press for us. It has arrived safely and is assembled . . . it looks great! ”
“We are very happy with the outcome, all I have to do now is organise some workshops! ”
From Daphne Gooley, Goulburn District Artists Group
The RP18 is a printmaking workhorse which is configured for A2 format and is able to print intaglio processes. Presses of this configuration are made by all the long established makers. The presses are robust, with direct drive and professional wheels. Bedplates of composite materials are effective, long lasting and safer than steel. An optional stand is available.
- Solid engineering design; zero maintenance requirement
- Exceptional value for money
- The space above the roller is completely clear to allow felts to flip over easily.
- 5 Year warranty
- Optional stand available
- Bench or cabinet mount – printmaker’s choice
- There are no hidden finger trapping points
- Cautionary stickers are placed near the obvious top roller/bedplate area
- Low mass bedplate is supported on low friction slides without wheels
- Bed stops and anti-lift pins prevent bedplate accidentally exiting the press
- The fully enclosed covers at sides and lower roller exclude fingers
- Provision for locking the handwheel (on cabinet)
- Robust and rigid laser cut frame unitary welded construction
- Upper roller 114 mm diameter
- Lower roller 88mm diameter
- Sealed ball bearings
- Laminate bedplate with high compressive strength 460mm x 850mm
- Professional hand wheel [890mm diameter with 32mm diameter rim for solid grip]
- Gearing: direct drive on RP18D OR 2:1 by gears [not chain] on RP18G
- Steel cabinet base has a convenient storage shelf & provision for locking wheel
- Alternative economical stand is industrial plywood
- Felts kit is industrial grade wool comprises 1 x A and 2 x B grade 3.2mm
- Semi-rigid overlay sheet 450mm x 800mm x 2mm is polycarbonate
- Pressure screws with Tee Handle are standard
- Pressure screws with Tee Bar with black balls are optional (see pic)
- Mass of main lift RP18Direct is 35kg and RP18Geared is 43 kg
Transport and installation:
- The RP18 is so compact it easily fits into most cars
- Main lift approx. 40kg, cabinet 8kg, bedplate 3kg, handwheel 6kg
- We deliver the press by Pack & Send to any of the P&S depots in capital cities. You can pick it up there or have it delivered by P&S.
- Installation is easy, following the clear instructions in the manual.
- RP18D etching press A2 format Direct Drive (bench mount) $3,193*
- RP18G etching press A2 format Geared Drive (bench mount) $4,127*
- Steel cabinet base with fully lockable castors and shelf $768*
- Tee-bar pressure screws with ball knobs $175*
- Felts kit comprising 1 x A grade & 2 x B grade $129*
- Overlay sheet and 3mm relief printing runners kit $93*
- Hand wheel locking bar (mounts to cabinet) $45*
- *Prices are in AUD and include GST and are effective 01 Dec 2020
Disclaimer: While we endeavour to keep information about our products up to date, we can not guarantee the accuracy of all the information on our website, and recommend you contact us directly to confirm prices and details.